Wednesday 4 August 2010

Hello All,

Just got the blog and well, its all new to me! Its here I'll be posting up recent or even random updates on my work in the studio and other projects involving animation.

Below are is a short that I'd like to showcase on the blog.
First ones my newest, "The Demonic Furby"  is a mature animated comedy I worked on for half a month and is based on the recordings of "Nothing But Crotchety". The audio track belongs to them, so its not entirely original, but my sole reason for doing it was to practise my lip-sync. My original concept however was to do it in live action with a real Furby toy and have an animated head, but this proved to be to complex. Anyway, the entire set was hand made from wood, plastic and any other materials I could get my hands on! The guy is made from plasticine with a wire armature inside to support his arms. The huge head is supported by a rig I had to stuff through the back of his neck and his equally huge hands also have wire frames inside. The Furby however was 100% plasticine and only needed a rig to support him jumping around. Yes! its not perfect, my one irritation is lighting that keeps flickering! Enjoy anyway, and keep an eye out for the two parodies of classic horror films imitated by the Furby.

You can also view this video on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/technoanimate

No comments:

Post a Comment